So you've probably noticed I don't blog too often. I feel like I need tons of pictures or it won't be interesting. This is probably true but I'm going to blog anyway because I am getting too far behind. Then, if I think about it, I will add pictures later.
Several things have changed for us in the past few months! We moved to a bigger place in Saratoga Springs, I have completely remade my wardrobe, I made a renewed effort to be healthy, Jared (Eric's brother) got married, Eric's family stayed with us for a week just after moved, Aziz (Eric's sister's boyfriend) was baptized by Eric and we bought Mabel a princess potty.
I probably won't put this all in one post but let's start at the top, shall we? Our move! Well, it was quite the adventure! The Saturday we moved was a total blizzard! It was horrible and I felt so bad asking people to come help us but help us they did! We are so blessed to have so many friends and family willing to give up 4 hours of their Saturday to help us move in that weather! The move went smoothly and nothing got broken except my floor lamp. That was totally my fault and I was pretty upset but what can you do?
Our new place is 3 bedrooms (instead of 1), hallelujah!! Mabel has her own room with a big girl bed and her toys contained. Eric has an office with a futon (his dream come true.) I am just thrilled about the closet and cupboard space I have and a laundry room! I know, I know, this is pretty standard for most everyone I know but this is HUGE for me. And I'm enjoying every moment. :) It's a very nice place but it is on the 3rd floor. I suppose this is a pro and a con but I could use the exercise. Someday I will have a yard but this is a fantastic upgrade regardless.
Pictures to come of our new place.
As for my make over, most of you know that I bought the Dressing Your Truth program by Carol Tuttle. My sister, Kim found it and introduced it to our family. My other sister Shannon also got the program and so did my mom. It's basically a type of personality assessment but it's the best I've ever done. There are 4 types and you have all 4 in you but the point is to find out which is your dominant energy and then dress to match it. By dressing your truth, people look at you and understand a bit of you who are and I know I look best when I'm dressing my truth. I'm the most comfortable in my type of clothes and I love that now everything I have coordinates! I used to buy clothes that I would never wear and getting dressed was a bit of a challenge every day. It was so nice to do it all with my family because we were able to swap clothes instead of having to buy a bunch of new ones.
I have to say that the best thing about this program is that it gives you permission to be who you really are. Having an amazing wardrobe is just an excellent benefit. I cried when I realized that it's okay to be me. All my life I have shamed myself for not being who I thought I should be. Now I realize that my nature to be forceful and get things done is actually a strength! I just need to be sure to balance my types and be mindful of who I am working with. I'm so much happier being swift and strong with out feeling like I'm being too masculine. I can be a hot, sexy, wife and a caring compassionate person while still being true to who I am! This was so very liberating for me and it's helped me in all of my relationships.
I will post my before and after pictures once I get my hair done on Friday! I think I will stop there for now. Be back later today or tomorrow. I hope. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ooo make sure to post pics of your hair, I want to see!
Now I have that song from Mulan stuck in my head about being swift as a coursing river because you said swift :) I can't wait to see your hair! It is important to feel confident and happy. Miss and love you.
PS I think it is cool Mabel has a princess potty, that sounds awesome, if I do say so myself :)
I can't wait to see pictures of how you pit every thing together in your new place. I remember when I we moved into our appartment after living in the student housing at Miss State. I couldn't get over how spoiled I felt to have molding around the doors and floor! And a laundry room, and pretty white walls and carpet! It's so wonderful to have an upgrade! :)
I hope your hair is "after" worthy....... now I'm worried. ;)j/k
Totally excited to see your pics, you hot mama!
So excited to see pics of your hair and your new place! The little things in a bigger space really do make such a big difference!
Post a Comment